Friday, December 12, 2008

GOOGLE HIM

If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him. But when he asks, he must believe and not doubt, . . . James 1: 5-6 (NIV)

You have questions? Google helps find answers. Today, we have access to information within seconds. Anyone with a question from animals to zippers, from doctors to dates can go on the world-wide-web and Google it. Although I am a novice at navigating cyber-space, I know the more I go there the more my confidence builds.

This instant access to information brings to mind our spiritual access to God. Sometimes, human nature is quite consistent and predictable. Like the Google tool, God invites me to Google Him, anytime, anywhere, anyplace. Whether I need guidance, peace, or protection my Lord God promises to provide, especially if I call out to Him in expectation . . . believing. Google may provide information, but Google Him for all the wisdom, mercy and power. Just give God the glory.

Dear Lord Jesus,
Trials and troubles only make me stronger. Yes, the testing of my faith produces patience. This joyful heart is aching for more patience. With every beat I will trust you. Thank you for giving me access, reminding me I am loved. Amen.


© 2008 Evelyn Taylor

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I try to Google God everyday in prayer. I wish more people could read this piece. I think they could relate like I did. Nicely done.