Friday, December 27, 2019

NEEDING DIRECTION


In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:6 (KJV)

At sixty years old, I fled an abusive marriage; moved alone to a new town, seventy-seven miles away from my original residence. Rescuers had given me furniture and the courts were in my favor, so I had a little income.

Weeks later, in my new home near my daughter and her family, I complained because my TV channels were different—couldn't find favorite programs. Then while driving around, I got lost. I didn't know the area and I was totally confused. I called my daughter, requesting she trace the call and find out where I was.

Later, I dropped into a chair, totally whipped by my circumstances and tears filled my eyes. I wanted to go home. But I didn't want to go back to him. Confusion and sadness became my daily companion.

I prayed, "Oh Lord, you've delivered me from the lawyers, from the financial struggles and have brought me to this new safe place. Grant me wisdom and show me the way."

I talked with a Christian Counsellor, and my friend. After I shared all my facts, she advised. "You're not homesick for him, you are homesick for the familiar,  Make a point of getting to know all your home town, make notes for your TV and buy something new for your home, making it all yours.

I put sticky notes on the TV remote. My daughter and I went furniture shopping and bought a curio cabinet and I unpacked all my knick knacks and figurines. Then I decided I'd start with one new road a week and travel from one end of town to the other. 

Victoriously, the Lord and I conquered my new path.

Thank You, Lord, nothing is impossible for You. Amen and amen.

Ⓒ 2019 Lois Gosley

1 comment:

Christy said...

Well written! Well explained and understanding to readers. God is in charge of our directions when we listen to Him!

Christy