Saturday, January 19, 2019

THE LIGHT

As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world. John 9:5 (KJV)

My bedroom is very dark at night except for a small night light by the door. I usually have to feel my way to the bathroom and back. But, once I am in bed for the night, the tiny white light on the cable box breaks through the blackness and stares at me. Many times I think I see it move, but when I snap on the lamp, it is in the same place. I tell myself it is just a little light—nothing to fear in the dark.

That tiny white light on the cable box is intriguing. I think I have seen it move horizontally up the bedroom wall. It seems to want to play games, going straight up to the ceiling and back again. It is amazing to me that I still have a childhood fear of the dark. I tell myself there is nothing in the dark that is not there in the light. Snapping on the lamp is the end of the game.

Thinking of the scripture above, I stare at the tiny light and envision Jesus being here with me in the dark bedroom. I feel warm and comforted, knowing that Jesus is with me. I am not afraid.

It is said that the flame of one candle can be seen two miles away on a dark, moonless night. Imagine Jesus being the Light of the world. He will be back one day and our world will be as bright as the morning sun. Praise be to God!

Dear Jesus, come quickly, so mankind can enjoy the wonderful Light that will bless our days and nights. Amen

© 2019 Evelyn B. Ryan

2 comments:

Christy said...

Well done!! Christy

Evelyn R. said...

Thank you, Christy for your encouragement. God bless you.
Evelyn