Friday, October 12, 2018

THE HEART OF JESUS


Jesus replied, “All who love me will do what I say. My Father will love them, and we will come and make our home with each of them.” John 14:23 (NLT)
Recently, I had my hair appointment with the same hair dresser of seventeen years. We have gotten to know each other through our visits and we always catch up on how our families are doing. Pete told me he has not seen his granddaughter for the past six weeks. I asked him why.  He explained his wife of 12 years and his grown son who is thirty are at odds with each other.  Pete’s wife believes her stepson and his wife do not like nor show her any respect. They do not even address her by any name. Her feelings are hurt and she has dug her heels in and wants an apology. 
Meanwhile, the stepson does not feel they have done anything wrong and refuses to apologize. Pete is very disturbed by this. He just wants peace and to see his granddaughter, who has just turned one year old. I too being a peacemaker can understand both sides.
As a daughter of God, I desire to do His will each day. The Holy Spirit prompted me to share a fresh perspective on this situation with Pete. I explained, “Because of my faith, everything I see and hear goes through the heart of Jesus. He has taught us to forgive just as He forgives us. If your wife or your son would consider God’s teaching to forgive, they may be able to find peace.” Pete was encouraged to share this perspective and hopeful they may find resolution and healing.
Father, thank you for giving me the opportunity to bring You Glory through my response.
© 2018 Marianne Lucot

No comments: