Friday, March 30, 2018

EASTER MORN

Did you hear Jesus?
Was it only the wind?
Did you hear knocking?
Did you let Him in?

Did you see Jesus?
Is that just the sun?
Did you feel Him touch you?
Is the long night done?

Do you hear singing?
Is it only a bird?
Is that quiet whispers
my heart has heard?

Yes! I hear Jesus!
His sweet Presence is near.
And the sound of angels
falls upon my ear.

His love is so tender.
His face is so bright.
His sweet golden whispers
vanquish the night.

My heart rejoices
on this Easter morn,
for our Lord is risen!
And I am reborn!

            Evelyn B. Ryan

3 comments:

Christy said...

One of your very best poems!! I love it!!

Christy

Evelyn R. said...

Thank you, Christy. I appreciate your comment. God be with you. Evelyn

Bonnie Mae Evans said...

Evelyn, this is lovely. He is risen indeed!