Friday, April 4, 2014

Wrinkle Free



That He might present it to himself...not having spot, or wrinkle...that it should be holy and without blemish. Ephesians 5:27a, c. (KJV) 

I finished pressing fourteen shirts for my husband. While ironing, my mind pondered the wrinkles in my life. There are plenty of wrinkles on my face, lots to share if anyone wants a few. When thinking about it, I have earned every one of them over the years. Many of them quietly appeared while raising my three children. If only I could iron them away as easily as ironing them from clothing. 

I pictured the errors in my life causing wrinkles in my spiritual body with each sin. It took the love of God to remove them. When I confess my sins to God, the touch of His forgiving hand irons them out. 

I love my children. As they learned lessons of life, so did I. The Holy Bible is our handout explaining how to raise a child when it's born but many fail to abide by it and so the wrinkles occur. We all stumble over the wrinkles until we finally learn that Jesus will walk beside us making our paths straight. He works out the wrinkles as we walk together. 

I'm getting used to seeing the lines and white hair. I can color the hair but the wrinkles are there to stay as I grow older, a reminder of the lessons I have learned in life. Maybe they aren't so bad after all. 

Jesus, walk with me each day, erasing the wrinkles and blemishes that life has left behind. Thank You for Your blessings and lessons learned. Amen 

© 2013 E. Bonnie Ryan

No comments: