Saturday, June 13, 2009

The Train

Teach me your way, O Lord; lead me in a straight path because of my oppressors. Psalm 27:11 (NIV)

The bright moon fills the bedroom with light. A train whistle interrupts the quiet night along with a roaring engine and clicking wheels on the track. It's a freight train; passenger trains are quieter. The clatter gets louder and louder until it sounds as though the train is outside my door. I wonder where it's going. It doesn't take long for the train to pass and the night is silent again.

Life is a fast moving train. God laid out a track for me to follow. The years I spent raising children roared by quickly. Before I knew what happened, I found myself sitting in an empty house. There were many stops along the way. Listening to others caused me to make some bad choices, and I derailed. God was always there to put me back together and set me going in the right direction. Keeping in the Word, shows me which route He wants me to pursue. Living the Word helps me to stay on course.I look back and wonder where did my life go? I want the time I have left to be valuable. As I travel, God will continue to be the conductor, I am the train taking His Word to everyone.

At the end of the line, I want to stand before God and have him say to me. "Well done my good and faithful servant.

"Lord, show me how to make a difference in this world. Help me to become a better disciple for you.

© Marcella Panowicz 2009

1 comment:

Christy said...

I love the poetic analogy.