Friday, April 24, 2020

NO TEAR UNNOTICED

You keep track of all my sorrows. You have collected all my tears in your bottle. You have recorded each one in your book. Psalm 56:8 (NIV)

After my son returned from the funeral of his best friend, I was emptying his suit pockets to take to the cleaners. There I found a pocketful of used, wadded-up tissues.
My heart broke for the pain I saw crumpled in my hands.

It was practically unbearable for him when he was first told of the tragedy, the days that followed leading up to the service, the travel to be with friends and family, and deliver the eulogy. Looking to the future without the chance for making more memories together as they had planned . . . it was all there . . . the pain unbearably written in these crushed tissues lying in my hands.
Suddenly they were excruciatingly precious to me. I held them to my heart, crying and praying for God to somehow redeem the pain and grief of my son and all who loved Stephen. I prayed for God’s comfort and peace to pour over us.

Unable to toss them away, I carefully placed them in a small drawstring bag, gently nestling them in a corner of my jewelry box.
I am reminded of how much more our Father loves us and cares about our pain.

Someday I plan to give the bag to my son as a reminder of how precious he is to God. Not a single tear falls without His notice. He has saved every aching, trembling one in His bottle. We do not grieve alone.  
Dear hearts, if you are hurting and suffering the loss of a loved one or grieving from any kind of loss. I wish I had words to lessen your pain and lighten the crushing load of your grief.

I wish . . . but I don’t. There are just no adequate human utterings.
What I can do is pray and encourage you in HIS Word and the knowledge you are not alone. Our Father God is with you. He cares more than you can imagine. He sees your pain. He’s saving every tear. You are that precious to Him.
 
Words are empty, prayers seem impossible, and grief eats at your heart. But, let me encourage you with the Word of God, which says,

He is near to the broken-hearted and comforts those who are crushed in spirit. (Psalm 34:18)
Hang on to hope. He sees. He knows. He cares.

I pray you feel God’s strong arms of comfort and peace wrap around you and hold you in the knowledge of His everlasting love.
©2020 Bonnie Mae Evans

2 comments:

Lois said...

Beautiful, Bonnie..... I miss our Group. Keep safe, Love

Evelyn R. said...

Bonnie, you seemed to have written this just for me and my family, at the loss of my dear husband and my children's dad. It has been over a year now since our loss but he is still missed. We grieve for him every day, but God is good to us and send friends like you into our lives, comforting and consoling us with God's eternal love. Thank you, dear friend. We love you too. Evelyn