Friday, July 5, 2019

HE TAKES CARE OF HIS FLOCK

I am the good shepherd. I know my sheep and my sheep know me. John 10:14 (NIV)

Driving home after Sunday morning church service, my husband and I were singing some of the sweet hymns that had captured our hearts that morning. As usual, Route 95 was busy with local and interstate traffic.

Suddenly, we were thrown forward in our seats. Thank God for seat belts!

My husband drove carefully and slowly to the shoulder of the road to gather our thoughts and examine the damage.

The other car followed and pulled up behind us. As the driver exited his car, he walked towards us repeating, "Are you all right?"

My husband answered, "We're not hurt. What happened?"

"Evidently I hit the back of your car. Let's look at the damage," he suggested.

After examining the bumper and back of the car, my husband said, "I don't see any damage at all. Let's look at your car."

"Praise God," the gentleman said when he looked at his front bumper. "There is no damage here either."

We introduced ourselves and we all smiled because we recognized this man to be the minister of a church near our home.

The reverent explained, "I was returning from New York where I officiated at the funeral of my best friend. I suppose I did not sleep well last night. I am glad no one was hurt and I apologize for causing you any inconvenience."

We prayed together by the side of the road, then went on our way in peace.

Dear Lord, such an occurrence seems more than accident to me. Your hand was on Your flock that day.Thank you, Lord. Amen


© 2019 Christy Struben

1 comment:

Bonnie Mae Evans said...

Wonderful reminder! He sure does!