Friday, October 20, 2017

A MESSAGE TO MY SON


. . . “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness.”
. . . for when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9b, 10e (NAS) 

Dear son, 

I hope you’re doing okay. Searching for a job is discouraging at times. I also wrestle with it. When I get down and feel like nothing is going to happen, talking to God helps me. I lay it all out—my frustration and how it feels when no one wants to take a chance and hire me. Sometimes I feel sad, discouraged and even angry.  

Then, I take a fresh look at 2 Corinthians 12:9-10. This passage clearly speaks to me, and I hope it will to you. When I am at a low point, I cry out to God for help and strength. 

I claim this promise:  When I am weak, I know He enables me to be strong by the power of Christ dwelling in me. His power is made perfect in my weakness. We can endure anything knowing our Lord is with us in the midst of it. He may not take the difficulty away immediately, but He is with us, and He will bring us out on the other side. We will be changed because we learned to trust Him in the worst of times. Our faith is strengthened because we learned to persevere in a trial. 

This is true for you, too, my son. Our Savior is with you, and He will guide you through this tough time. He will show you, and me, the jobs He has for us. We have both learned to trust God.
Dear Father, be with and strengthen those who are facing hard times.
© 2017 Diane E. Hussey

1 comment:

Christy said...

Being the mother of 1 son, Your prayer grabs my heart. Thank you for your sweet spirit and your honesty.
God Bless
hristy