Friday, January 8, 2016

VICTORY AT LAST

“But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through Jesus Christ our Lord. I Cor. 15:57 (RSV)

Desiring to support my granddaughter’s volleyball games, with everyone busy, I decided to go alone to cheer on her team, and bring her home.

Her game would be at Edgewood High School (EHS) at 3:30 p.m. I arrived at EHS at 3:25, but there was no game. Texting my daughter, stating that fact, she apologized saying it was an away game at Joppatown High School (JHS). With a sigh, I decided not to be angry. People make mistakes. Forgiveness is my motto.

I knew JHS was off Route 40, but I’m not familiar with the area. There should be a school sign. Feeling I must have missed it, I pulled into a Royal Farms and asked the clerk for directions. He didn’t speak English! Gritting of my teeth, I groaned. People who live in this country should learn the language. I knew God wanted me to love everyone.

Exiting the store, there was a man pumping gas. 

“Can you tell me how to get to JHS?”

“Yes. You’re almost there. Turn right at the fourth light.”

“Thank you.”

After turning right at the fourth light--there was no school. Why couldn’t he be more specific? I took another lap around my mental desert. Finally, I saw a lady walking on the street and asked her for directions.

 “You’re almost there.”  She gave me exact directions, (there was another turn) and I arrived at JHS, thanking God for her.

Entering the gym, I noticed players all casually walking around. Alexandra spied me from across the room, and came running, and shouting, “We won!”

Dear Lord, thank You for victory over mundane things in our lives.  Amen


© 2015 Lois Gosley

No comments: