Friday, June 19, 2015

Rescued Fur Ever

For He rescued us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son. Colossians 1:13 (NAS)

I was sitting on my porch recently communing with nature and taking in the peace of late morning quiet. The cacophony of early morning birdsong had diminished. In its place was the slightest hum of bumblebees on the rhododendron. I wasn’t the only one enjoying the porch. Looking around me were my cats all sprawled in different places and poses, all exceptionally relaxed as only cats can be. Looking out the sliding glass door was my daughter’s dog who wanted to join us.

Looking around at all of them and myself, I thought of our common bond. We were all blessed to be rescued and adopted—four cats, one dog, and one human. We rescued our pets from a shelter where they faced fear and an uncertain future. All of our pets are different and unique and we dearly love them. Each one is precious to us in their own sweet way. They feel secure in our love for them and have uncomplicated trust in us to provide for all of their needs.

How blessed it is to be rescued from my helpless, hopeless future without Christ. Being adopted and grafted into the family of God, no longer do I worry about my life or where I will spend eternity. My Father in Heaven loves me and promises to take care of my every need. He looks at me with adoring eyes that are filled with love. Just like my pets I am assured of a forever home with Him.
Father, thank You for loving me and adopting me into Your kingdom. Amen

©Bonnie Mae Evans 2015

No comments: