Friday, October 10, 2014

THE AUTUMN ARTIST

…let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect Romans 12:2 (NLT).

I am in the autumn of my life—colored by experience. My limbs, like branches, hold a story about change. My leaves are the passing days of deeds and the seasons of forgiveness. By His mercy, I am veiled in brilliant autumn beauty. My harvest abounds in shades of scarlet and robust orange. This is GOOD. 

By His will, I dance to the transforming pulse and the unfolding splendor He creates in me. My Lord pours from me chocolate brown and buttery golden leaves to prune my seasoned soul. As I cascade down my exterior, once made of a hardened life wood, I giggle to the forest floor where puddles form in a kaleidoscope of sifted colors. This is PLEASING.

In this season of purification, the Autumn Artist reveals the near completion of my being. I stand, as a dull and empty wooden frame, half-naked and raw like Jesus on the sacred cross. He frees me from myself, to be born again, when a new season breathes His Spirit upon me. He planted all the days of my life and shaped me into the light of awakening, the light of new joy, the light of the Lord. This is PERFECT.

The Autumn Artist is a reminder of a never-changing God in an ever-changing world. He continues to mold and sanctify me toward glorification. This is HEAVENLY! 

Lord, let change remind us of Your perfect will and transforming Spirit. May we, like the tree,  remain joyfully obedient to the seasons in our lives.
2014© Kimberly Clayton   

No comments: