Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Day the Cat Fell Apart


 Therefore, do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for today is its own trouble.  Matthew 6:34 (NKJV)
My Dad died of cancer at 46 and my mother died in her 50’s. I was having headaches and worried I had a brain tumor. I didn’t tell anyone. During this time I was at my aunts visiting and helping her with baking.

While we were covered with flour, we heard a terrified scream from 3 year old Donny who was upstairs in the bedroom, “Mom, Help! Come quick! The cat’s falling apart!”
We rushed upstairs and the cat was under the bed, tucked in a corner. Aunt Elaine scooted under the bed and found the cat.  Donny’s tearful voice asked, “Is she dead, Mom?”

“No. She’s not dead. She’s having kittens.”
As I reflected on that incident, I thought of my own headache problem. I made an appointment with a doctor, and the results were that I needed glasses.  Jesus taught, “Don’t borrow a sorrow from tomorrow,” in Matthew. I was acting like Donny.

Well, this lady isn’t falling apart anymore. Proverbs tell us to trust in the Lord with all our hearts and lean not on our own understanding-- or what you think you understand.
There are many instances where “the cat falls apart” in my life. For instance, when I have month left over at the end of the money. When a storm rages outside and I fear the trees will fall on my house. I have to look back to see what the Lord has brought me through, to know He’ll always be with me.

Dear Lord, forgive me for not trusting You enough. You are my Provider, Protector, Comforter and Loving Father. Amen  
©2012 Lois Gosley

No comments: