Friday, February 18, 2011

The Answer is God


 
“You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”
Jeremiah 29:13(NIV)

Waiting three years for an answer to a prayer has given me new insight into God’s ways. In God’s perfect timing the answer will be given. While waiting, I have learned not to look for God’s specific answer, but I have learned to understand some things about God and His Ways. He truly is the answer to prayer. It has been a wonderful adventure.

Learning that people do not understand what I am going through is now okay. God knowing what I am going through is far more important. His peace surrounds me, and it is not a peace that the world can supply. God cares enough to make me what I ought to be, and He will establish and ground me and will make me steadfast. He can use a thought or His Word to correct something that needs changing in many areas of my life.

Whether I am in the valley or on the heights of this adventure, God is with me. I call on Him at any moment, in any thought, or in any situation. “The Sovereign Lord is my strength; He makes my feet like the feet of a deer, He enables me to go on the heights.” Habakkuk 3:19 (NIV)

The first year of my waiting was a sad one, and yet I am so happy now that I did not miss that time in my life by denying or ignoring the revelation that God opened to me. The blessing is in the journey. Missing God would have been a huge loss.

Thank You, Lord, that Your ways are not our ways. Amen


© 2011 Mary Burkey

1 comment:

Evelyn R. said...

Hello, Mary. I do not know what your journey through the past three years has been like, but I know what personal journeys are. I have been on one all of my life and sometimes get revelations suddenly that clarify my journey and it's purpose in my life. I am continually growing in understanding of God's Word. You are doing a great job growing in God's Word also. God bless you. E. Bonnie