Friday, October 29, 2010

Write it Down

My son, pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to a man’s whole body. Proverbs 4:20-22 (NIV)

One morning, my daughter found me laying unconscious on the floor. She called an ambulance, and they took me to the hospital. After many tests and a night’s stay, the doctors still could not figure out what had caused me to pass out or why I was having dizzy spells. When I came home I was miserable. Crying, I called another daughter. I told her I did not know what was wrong. After praying for me she said, “Read the Word.”

When I hung up the phone, I pulled out my study Bible to look up scriptures on healing. As I started reading, a voice from within told me to write them down—slowly, and in my neatest handwriting. That is exactly what I did, and it was not long before I was excited, feeling renewed and refreshed.

His Word heals. Pills may be good for some things; however, when it comes to spiritual temptation I go to His Word and start writing. Scriptures on love, salvation, blessings, forgiveness, hope and faith are written in my booklet, and most importantly, on the tablet of my heart.

Now whenever studying, I write scriptures down and let the Word heal me in other areas: spirit, soul and body.

Father, thank You for giving me the Word to cleanse me and help me heal in times of trouble.

© 2010 Marcella Panowicz