Friday, September 3, 2010

Airport Anxiety

“Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication,
let your requests be known to God.” (Philippians 4:6 NKJV)


I raced through the airport, weaving around heavy foot traffic. Major road construction caused me to arrive later than planned. While rushing down the concourse, my mind raced: Did I turn off the iron? Did I remember to lock the back door? Did I cancel the mail? Did I leave my cell phone number with my neighbor?

I checked the Concourse and Gate numbers of my departure. Just great! It was on the other side of the airport. I hurried through security, faulting myself for not wearing flip-flops to hasten the check. While I was race-walking, I read the overhead signs to confirm my gate number had not changed and that I was still headed in the right direction.

As I re-read the signs, I saw TERMINAL BAGGAGE. I did a double take. I thought, that is what I am: Terminal Baggage. I remembered my favorite scripture verse: “Peace I leave with you. My Peace I give to you, not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.” John 14:27 NKJV.

My pace slowed and I took a deep breath. Remembering His promise of peace put me in a new frame of mind. I gave God thanks that everything would be alright. He had not failed me or forsaken me yet. I smiled as I took my place in line.

Thank you Lord for Your Peace beyond understanding. Forgive me for falling short by not trusting in your plans for me. In Jesus’ Name I pray. Amen

©2010-LGosley

1 comment:

Christy said...

You do so well using humor to witness about the way of the Lord.