Thursday, May 20, 2010

So Sew Sow

But the one who received the seed that fell on good soil is the man who hears the word and understands it. He produces a crop, yielding a hundred, sixty or thirty times what was sown." Matthew 13:23 (NIV)

My family can give me inspiration into God's Word. The other day I was talking with my son, and I told him the trials I am going through right now. He told me I needed to take God's Word and "sow, sow, sow." We will reap what we sow. I knew he was right.

Many years ago, I spent a lot of time making my own clothes and sewing for the children. I amazed myself when homemade clothing looked store bought. People asked me where I purchased the outfits. They were surprised when I told them I made them myself. Some of my friends would examine the garment closely to check to see if I was fooling with them. Others brought their items to my house for repair.

As a seamstress, I knew using the good material and thread would make the outfits appear expensive. I made sure I studied the pattern took my time and gave all the seams a finishing touch to complete an exclusive look. This got me thinking. We reap what we sow.

I need to study the Word of God. That way I can sew my life into a pleasing garment of praise before my King. I can also sow salvation, healing and peace into the lives of others.

I want to put on that beautiful garment of praise and dance before my King!

Father, teach me how to sow Your Word. Help me to sow a field of harvest that will please you. In Jesus name.

© 2010 Marcella Panowicz

1 comment:

Dawn said...

I like the title and the play on the words. We must take seriously the task that is before us when we seek to "sow" God's words. I love to sew also and took pride in what I did as well. You did a good job with this devotion.